Dr. Principato’s work has been covered in various media outlets including:
La Repubblica, Corriere della Sera, Ansa, Corriere Innovazione, Affari e Finanza,
Mark UP, National Geographic, Focus, IPS News, Sky TG24, Mattino Cinque, TG3,
Radio Rai, Class CNBC, Radio 24, Radio Vaticana, Radio Blu, Radio Montecarlo.
- Introducing digital tools for sustainable food supply management: tackling food loss and waste in industrial canteens. Secondi L., Principato L., Marchetti S., Journal of Industrial Ecology, in press 2023
- Caring more about food: the unexpected positive effect of the Covid-19 lockdown on household food management and waste. Principato, L. Secondi, C. Cicatiello, G. Mattia. Socio Economic and Planning Science, 2022.
- Shared car for traveling? Uncovering the intention of non-users to adopt P2P ride-sharing, Mattia. G, Di Pietro L., Principato L., Toni M., Research in transportation business and management, 2022.
- Consumer Expenditure, Elasticity and Value of Food Waste: a Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System for Evaluating Changes in Mexico during Covid-19. Vargas-López A., Cicatiello C., Principato L., Secondi L. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, 2022.
- Enablers and barriers to circular supply chain management: a decision-support tool in soft wheat bread production. Formentini M., Secondi L., Ruini L., Guidi M, Principato L. , 2021. Journal of Enterprise Information Management.
- The household wasteful behaviour framework: A systematic review of consumer food waste. Principato L., Mattia G., Di Leo A., Pratesi C.A. Industrial Marketing Management, 2021.
- The next step in sustainable dining: the restaurant food waste map for the management of food waste. Principato L., Di Leo A., Mattia G., Pratesi C.A., 2021. Italian Journal of Marketing.
- Online Impulse Buying and Cognitive Dissonance. Examining the Effect of Mood on Consumer Behaviour. Palgrave Macmillan, Mattia G., Di Leo A., Principato L., 2021.
- Can digital solutions help in the minimization of out-of-home waste? An analysis from the client and business perspective. Secondi L., Principato L., Mattia G., British Food Journal. (2020).
- Sharing platform and innovative business models: enablers and barriers in the innovation process. In Food Industry Wastes (2nd ed), Di Leo A., Michelini L., Principato L.
- Shared mobility as a driver for sustainable consumptions: The intention to re-use free-floating car sharing. Mattia G., Guglielmetti Mugion R., Principato L. Journal of Cleaner Production. (2019).
- Investigating Consumers’ Perception of Discounted Suboptimal Products at Retail Stores. Cicatiello C., Secondi L., Principato L. Resources. (2019).
- Reusing food waste in food manufacturing companies: the case of the tomato-sauce supply chain. Secondi L., Principato L., Ruini L., Guidi M. Sustainability. (2019).
- Sensory variety in shape and color influences fruit and vegetable intake, liking, and purchase intentions in some subsets of adults: A randomized pilot experiment. Vadiveloo M., Principato L., Morwitz V., Mattei J. Food Quality and Preference. (2019).
- Adopting the circular economy approach on food loss and waste: The case of Italian pasta production. Principato, L., Ruini L., Guidi M., Secondi L. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. (2019).
- Food sharing and innovative business models. Di Leo A., Michelini L., Principato L. Ch. 20, in Kosseva M., “Food Industry Wastes: Assessment and Recuperation of Commodities, Second Edition”, Elsevier, in press. (2019).
- Understanding the global food systems. Allievi F., Antonelli M., Dembska K., Principato L. Ch 1, in Valentini et al., “Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through Sustainable Food Systems”, Springer. (2019).
- Mapping the sharing economy: a two-sided markets perspective. Iasevoli G. Michelini L., Grieco C., Principato L.. Sinergie Journal of Management. (2018).
- Towards Zero Waste: an Exploratory Study on Restaurant managers. Principato L., Pratesi C.A., Secondi L. International Journal of Hospitality Management (2018).
- Understanding Food Sharing Models to Tackle Sustainability Challenges. Michelini L., Principato L., Iasevoli G. Ecological Economics. (2018).
- Food Waste at the Consumer Level. A comprehensive Literature Review. Principato L. Springer International Publishing. (2018).
- From Plate to Waste: an exploratory study on behaviour towards food waste of Spanish and Italian Youths. Mondéjar Jiménez J, Ferrari G., Secondi L., Principato L. Journal of Cleaner Producion. (2016).
- A multi-level intervention in subsidized housing sites to increase fruit and vegetable access and intake: Rationale, design and methods of the ‘Live Well, Viva Bien’ cluster randomized trial. Gans K., Gorham G., Risica P.M., Dulin-Keita A., Dionne L., Gao T., Peters S., and Principato L. BMC Public Health. (2016).
- Household food waste behaviour in EU-27 countries: A multilevel analysis. Secondi, L., Principato, L., Laureti, T. Food Policy. (2015).
- Working toward Healthy and Sustainable Diets: The "Double Pyramid Model" Developed by the Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition to Raise Awareness about the Environmental and Nutritional Impact of Foods. Ruini L.F., Ciati R., Pratesi C.A., Marino M., Principato L., Vannuzzi E. Frontiers in Nutrition. (2015).
- Reducing food waste: an investigation on the behaviour of Italian Youths. Principato L., Secondi L., Pratesi C.A. British Food Journal. (2015).
- Le etichette ambientali: comprensione, motivazione e risposta del consumatore. Principato L. Ch. 6, in G. Lugli, Cibo, salute e business, neuroscienze e marketing nutrizionale. Edizioni Egea. (2015).